Making an Offer
Once you've found 'the one', that perfect house, townhome, or condo for you and your family we will discuss several things.
1) Pricing. Has the seller priced their home fairly for the current market? We will review the current market and recent neighborhood sales to answer that question and help you come up with your offer price.
2) Offer Terms. There are many factors to consider in addition to the price. This would include the date you would like to close vs. the date the seller would like, your mortgage terms and contingency, the amount of earnest money you're offering, whether the home is being sold as-is or not, and several other contingencies.
3) Property Disclosures. You'll review the state required property disclosures to see if the seller is aware of any issues with the home.
4) Prepare the Offer. We'll put your offer together and go over it with you for presentation to the seller.
5) Negotiation. The seller has three options: They can accept, reject, or counter your offer. If they counter, you'll have the same three options. We'll continue the process until you reach an agreement or you don't.