Buying a Home, Townhome, or Condo in Chicago's Northwest Suburbs
Buying a home is always a journey. That is the best way to describe it. In over 25 years of helping people buy homes, we have seen many things. You'll think about the many options, from which towns you prefer to the features you must have and more, and these will change and evolve as you start visiting properties. We can help you throughout the process by providing the positives and negatives of each home that you consider. Then the decision is yours as you will be the one living there and spending your hard earned money to pay for it. We will not push anything on you, and will support you throughout the journey. We will work to help make your move as smooth as possible, and have some fun along the way. We are family owned and operated, and we all grew up in the Schaumburg area too. You will be able to learn a lot from our experience.
If you'd like, we'd be happy to meet with you to discuss what you need and the buying process. We are happy to answer any questions that you have.
It can help to start your journey by thinking about a few main focus points:
- What is most important to you? Is it location? Is it price?
- Do you prefer a single family home, or would you consider a townhome?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms would you like?
- What is the amount that you're comfortable spending on a mortgage every month? This is often NOT the amount that you're pre-approved for. You'll want to be comfortable with your monthly payments and other expenses before you start looking. Oftentimes what a lender pre-approves you for is more than you want to spend.
- How close would you like to be to work? Are you okay with a longer commute? Do you need a home office?
- Are schools an important consideration for your family? Keep in mind that even if you don't have kids, schools have a big impact on property value.
- What other features are essential? Fenced yard, first floor bedroom, finished basement, etc.?
- What features would be nice, but are not necessary if everything else is 'right'?
The homebuying journey can take over your life for awhile. We are here to help make it easier, and will be here whenever you need us. You'll be able to call/text/email us anytime as we understand that getting answers when you want them is essential to the journey.
Take your time! Browse listings all you'd like. When you're ready to start your journey, or if you have a question just contact us.